Money20/20 Asia is less than one month away. This is the inaugural Asian edition of the Money20/20 conference series and, true to the organization’s reputation for leading the global FinTech conversation, the keynote lineup is chock full of industry experts and evangelists. Representatives from Ant Financial, GO-JEK, Ping An Group, ICICI Bank, Tencent, DBS Bank, Adyen, Google, Stripe, PayPal, Samsung Pay and more will be helping Money20/20 Asia transform Singapore into the center of the financial universe March 13-15.
In a recent communique, Money20/20 explained the choice of Singapore as the host city, call it “a gateway to Asia with its connectivity with regional economic powerhouses as well as the emergent FinTech markets in Southeast Asia,” and lauding its “thriving FinTech ecosystem.”
“We are thrilled to expand Money20/20 to the world’s fastest-growing FinTech marketplace and provide the space for the region’s leading senior industry players to connect, debate and set out the future of money and explore the fast expansion of the Asia Pacific payments and financial services landscape,” said Money20/20 President Tracey Davies.
Davies’ assertion that Asia is the world’s fastest growing FinTech marketplace not only well substantiated but also plainly evident in the sheer volume of novel and revolutionary financial ID projects underway in the APAC region. Projects involving biometric payment cards, naked payments, and multimodal mobile wallets are all well underway in Singapore, Korea, Japan, China, and Hong Kong, as well as other countries and territories. And it’s not just payments and banking that are at the forefront of innovation in Asia-Pacific, the region is also at the forefront of next generation retail experiences that hinge on the use of AI, location services, robotics and machine vision.
In a press release announcing some of the keynote highlights, Money20/20 Asia listed its most exciting speakers:
- Anthony Tan, Co-Founder & CEO, Grab
- Chatri Sityodtong, Founder, Chairman & CEO, ONE Championship
- Cheng Li, CTO, Ant Financial Services Group
- Darryl West, Group CIO, HSBC
- Derek White, Global Head of Customer and Client Solutions, BBVA
- Ghela Boskovich, Founder, FemTechGlobal
- Grace Yin, Director, WeChat Pay, Tencent
- Gregory Gibb, Co-Chairman & CEO, Lufax
- Hiroshi Takasawa, Managing Executive Officer, CEO Rakuten Asia & President Rakuten Investment Company, Rakuten
- James Lloyd, Asia-Pacific FinTech Leader, EY
- Jason Thompson, Managing Director, GrabPay
- Jonathan Larsen, Chairman, CEO, Ping An Global Voyager Fund; CIO, Ping An Group
- Leda Glyptis, CIO, Qatar National Bank
- Louise Pentland , EVP, Chief Business Affairs and Legal Officer, PayPal
- Madhivanan Balakrishnan, Chief Technology & Digital Officer, ICICI Bank
- Nadiem Makarim, Founder & CEO, GO-JEK
- Ning Tang, Chairman & CEO, CreditEase
- Pieter van der Does, Co-founder / President & CEO, Adyen
- Piyush Gupta, CEO & Director, DBS Group
- Ralph Echemendia, ‘Ethical Hacker’ & Technical Advisor to Hollywood Director Oliver Stone
- Ravi Menon, Managing Director, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Tony Fernandes, CEO, Air Asia
- Will Gaybrick, CFO, Stripe
A full list of the speakers, conference tracks, sessions and exhibitors can be found of the official Money20/20 Asia website, along with a comprehensive list of the event’s hundreds of sponsors. Tickets are still available for purchase for the event that will be held at the Marina Bay Sands Expo & Convention Centre.
FindBiometrics is the Premier Biometrics Media Partner for Money20/20. Stay posted throughout the remainder of February and March for our continued financial ID focused coverage of Money20/20 Asia.
Learn about how Money20/20 is changing the global financial identity landscape through conversation, collaboration and exhibition by reading our recent interview with Andrew Morris, Cheif content Officer, Money20/20 USA.
February 20, 2018 – by Peter B. Counter