Cognitec Systems, leading provider of face recognition technology, has released a new version of their FaceVACS-SDK, now available for integrators and end-customers. The new version provides a Java programming API and B7 algorithm with significant performance increase for recognizing faces in low-resolution images.
FaceVACS-SDK enables customers to develop new face recognition applications. It provides a clear and logical API, is easy to integrate and to redistribute to customer applications.
FaceVACS-SDK covers the biometric functions (use cases) of enrollment, verification, and identification. It supports multiple algorithms and works with either popular two-dimensional intensity data, or two-dimensional intensity data and corresponding range data (3D data). Additional functionality is provided for finding of human faces and eyes in images, for tracking faces in video streams and for analyzing and checking face characteristics.
- Powerful face localization on images and video streams
- State of the art face tracking on video streams
- Industry leading face recognition algorithms (sample quality determination, enrollment, verification, identification)
- Substantial and accurate portrait characteristics determination (such as pose deviation, exposure determination, eye glasses detection, eye closed detection, uniform lighting detection, unnatural colour check, gender determination, image and face geometry determination)
- ISO 19794-5 Full Frontal Image type checks and formatting as required for ePassports
Programming / Development
- State-of-the-art face recognition API (C++)
- BioAPI 2.0 Verification Engine BSP ( C – API)
- Complete Microsoft .NET programming environment integration
- Java API
- Detailed documentation including API reference and user guide
- Documented examples illustrating the main use cases and providing hints how to create customized implementations
- Suite of tools to perform biometric evaluations on data: e.g. generation of identification match lists and similarity matrix data
FaceVACS-Engine on platforms with limited computing resources
A specifically tailored version of FaceVACS-Engine is available for platforms with limited computing resources, i.e. handheld devices or for embedded systems on request.
Cognitec develops market-leading face recognition technology and applications for industry customers and government agencies around the world. In various independent evaluation tests, our FaceVACS software has proven to be the premier technology available on the market. Cognitec’s portfolio includes products for facial database search, video screening, border control, ICAO compliant photo capturing and facial image quality assessment. Corporate headquarters are located in Dresden, Germany; other offices in Miami, FL; Rockland, MA; and Hong Kong.
Contact: Elke Oberg, Marketing Manager firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +49-351-862-9214
Cognitec Systems GmbH Grossenhainer Str. 101, 01127, Dresden, Germany