Biometrics for Government and Law Enforcement
January 26-28, 2015 | Washington DC – http://bit.ly/1mPCynz
Biometrics for Government and Law Enforcement returns for its 9th consecutive year as the only biometrics event to exclusively cater to the needs of federal government and local law enforcement.
Join hundreds of biometric professionals (both industry and end users) to preview the future of biometric initiatives and technology, first hand from those leading the direction of our upcoming efforts.
Topics will include:
• Reducing error margins in facial scans and fingerprint scans
• Improving identification rates of latent and forensic scans
• Securing biometrics tools from cyber attacks and evasive tactics
• Mobilizing biometrics scanning mediums
• Establishing national data standards and formats for improved interoperability
• Providing core training and implementation initiatives for hands on operators
For more information, include speakers and sessions visit http://bit.ly/1mPCynz
3-4 March 2015
– Paper Submission: October 15th, 2014
– Notification of Acceptance: December 17th, 2014
– Submission of Camera-Ready Papers: January 18th, 2015
– IWBF-Workshop: March 3 and 4, 2015
Papers to be published in IEEE Xplore (approval pending) Authors of the best papers accepted at the Workshop will be invited to submit an extended and enhanced revision of their paper to be considered for publication in the IET Biometrics Journal http://www.ietdl.org/IET-BMT
– Massimo Tistarelli, Universita di Sassari, Italy
– Mark Nixon, University of Southampton, UK General Chair:
– Christoph Busch, Gjøvik University College, Norway Technical Program
– Paulo Lobato Correia, IST-IT Lisbon, Portugal
– Andrzej Drygajlo, EPFL, Lausamme, Switzerland
– Andreas Uhl, Salzburg University, Austria
– Daniel Ramos, UAM, Spain
– Michael Fairhust, University of Kent, UK
– Raghavendra Ramachandra, Gjøvik University College, Norway Publication Chair
– Bian Yang, Gjøvik University College, Norway
The International Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics (IWBF) is organized by COST Action IC1106 (Integrating Biometrics and Forensics for the Digital Age)*. It is an international forum devoted specifically to the development of synergies between the biometrics and forensic science research areas.
IWBF provides the meeting place for those concerned with the usage of biometric recognition systems in forensic science applications, attracting participants from industry, research, academia and users. The third International Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics will take place in Gjøvik, Norway.
This workshop will include research in the following areas:
– Biometric evidence for forensic evaluation and investigation
– Audiovisual biometrics for multimedia forensics
– Soft biometrics for forensics examination
– Forensic behavioral biometrics
– Biometric analysis of crime scene traces and their forensic interpretation
– Combination of multimodal biometrics with other forensic evidence
– Ethical and societal implications of emerging forensics biometrics
For more information about IWBF 2015 please visit:
18-19 March 2015
Tel Aviv, Israel
Israel is joining the rest of the world, which is already in the process of adopting digital ID products and technology. Digital ID needs to be standardised world-wide. The Biometric ID must be readable not only in the country of issue, but also wherever the individual may travel.
The economic potential for companies already developing and supplying Digital ID products and technologies is huge.
We invite all who wish to be one step ahead in the Israeli market to participate in The Smart ID Show – TLV 2014, to share and learn about the latest innovations.
Find out more at: http://www.smartidshow-tlv.com/Default.aspx
Counter Terror Expo’s operationally critical and highly respected centerpiece conference event has a well deserved reputation for its delivery of insight, analysis, and perspective on the range of threats faced.
This conference gathers together over 150 internationally recognized experts in the field of counter terrorism annually to debate the issues we face, define operational strategies, and to help shape future policy within the secure conclave of a conference.
Counter Terror Expo’s centerpiece conference is a multi-stream event bringing clarity to the most critical and topical issues of concern to the international counter terrorism community.
Below are the streams that simultaneously ran during CTX 2014. Please register your interest today to keep informed of all latest conference updates for 2015.
Forensics Europe Expo is the premier dedicated international forum for the entire forensics sector and supply chain, bringing together over 160 conference delegates with over 3000 attendees and 70+ international exhibiting companies.
The event provides the entire forensics sector with the definitive source of education, best practice, training and networking that is critical for staying up to date about the latest innovative forensics products, services and practices.
The 2014 conference was a sell-out success and connected key professionals and academics within the sector to discuss brand new techniques, products and case studies. The conference at Forensics Europe Expo is the only event held in the UK which provides a complete overview of the industry and innovations to help professionals stay ahead of the game.
VIEW 2014 CONFERENCE STREAMS, TOPICS & SPEAKERS:
Conference registration is not yet open but if you wish to ensure that you are first to be notified when the full program is released and registration is live, make sure to fill out this form today.
CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS AMERICA will take place in Washington, DC, May 5-7, 2015 for its 4th edition. The 2014 event attracted attendees from more than 50 countries, with 166 companies exhibiting, a 20 percent increase from the CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS EVENT in 2013.
CARTES SECURE CONNEXIONS AMERICA hosts a top-quality, three-day conference uniquely concentrated on North American issues for senior level decision makers. In addition, the show floor features one of the largest cross-sections of the industry suppliers, representative of the full supply chain. Register today and receive a FREE Expo Hall Badge using code: FIB15