Take Me To BIOMETRICS SECURITY SUPPLIERS Right Now!
Security biometric is the science of using physical characteristics (fingerprints, eyes, hands) to identify a person and some of the products used in this system include fingerprint readers and retinal scanners. When you are considering security biometric , you want to have physical characteristics that are constant and do not change over time and are also difficult to fake or change on purpose.
There are a variety of ethical concerns that have been raised over the use of security biometric and some of which are:
- Some biometric methods, such as retina scans, are intrusive
- Gathering of some biometric information, like fingerprints, is usually associated with criminal behaviour
- You may feel a loss of privacy or personal dignity especially when the information is gathered by large institutions such as the military or police
- You may feel embarrassed if you are rejected by a public sensor
- Automated facial recognition that is used in public places could be used to track your movements without your knowledge or consent
There are also many questions that have been raised concerning security biometric and two of the top ones are:
- How will your data be stored and safeguarded?
- Who will have access to your information?
And then there is that constant question as to which method of security biometric works best. No one method can be said to do the best job of data gathering and each one has some very good points to recommend them with some being less invasive, some being very hard to fake and some can be accomplished without your knowledge of it. So following are some of the biometric identification methods that you can use and it really comes down to what works best for your needs.
- Face Recognition biometrics security – This is one of the most flexible methods as it can be done without the person being aware that they are being scanned. This system analyzes specific features that everyone’s face has like the distance between the eyes, width of the nose, position of cheekbones, jaw line and chin to only name a few.
- Fingerprint Identification – Your fingerprints remain the same throughout your life and no two fingerprints are alike. This may not work in industrial applications as this requires clean hands and some people may have injury to their prints that prevent proper identification.
- Hand Geometry biometrics security – This will work in harsh environments, does not require clean conditions and uses a small dataset. It is not considered as intrusive and is often used in industrial environments.
- Retina Scan – There is just no known way to replicate a retina and, as far as is known, the pattern of the blood vessels at the back of the eye is totally unique and never changes. The downside is that it takes about 15 seconds of careful concentration to do a good scan but this still remains a standard one in military and government installations.
- Iris Scan – This is also very difficult to duplicate and stays the same for your lifetime although it may be difficult for children or the infirm.
- Signature biometrics security – This type of security is easy to gather and is not physically intrusive.
- Voice Analysis – This method of security biometric can be accomplished without the person’s knowledge although it is easier to fake by using a tape recording but it cannot be done by trying to imitate another person’s voice.
Find biometrics security devices and suppliers below!
BIOMETRICS SECURITY Solution Providers:
mofiria is a finger vein authentication (FVA) technology company that spun off from Sony in
2010. Unlike other biometric solutions, finger vein patterns are virtually impossible to replicate,
enabling the most secure and accurate biometric technology. Together with Fujisoft, who provide
distribution, system integration and development support, customers can realize the most accurate
and reliable biometric security functionality using mofiria’s FVA devices. Products and services:
FVA Standalone & Embedded Devices, Easy to Use SDKs, System Integration and Development
Replace passwords with your fingerprint. DigitalPersona Pro balances the need for strong security and user’s need for convenience. DigitalPersona’s fingerprint readers make logging in easy, fast and secure. With one touch, login to networks, applications and websites. Eliminates password issues. FREE test drives or SDKs available. Over 200 million users worldwide. Products & Services: Fingerprint Readers, Biometric Sensors & Detectors, Mobile Biometrics, Logical Access Control, Financial and Transactional, HealthCare Biometrics, Time and Attendance
SRI Sarnoff is an industry-leader in indoor/outdoor iris enrollment and recognition at a distance and on the move since 1995. SRI’s Iris on the Move® family of products perform fast, accurate identity authentication in all lighting conditions. These systems deliver unprecedented security without compromising throughput or ease of use. Products & Services: Iris Scanners & Recognition, Biometrics Security, Border Control/Airports, Healthcare, Mobile Biometrics, Physical Access Control, Time and Attendance
Cross Match Technologies is a leading global provider of biometric identity management systems, applications and enabling technologies to governments, law enforcement agencies and businesses around the world. Offerings include biometric technologies capable of wireless, mobile or stationary use that encompass fingerprint, palm and full-hand scanners, facial recognition systems, iris scanning technology, document readers, biometric software, and related services. Products & Services: Border Control, Facial Recognition, Financial/Transactional, Fingerprint Readers, Hand Readers, Healthcare, Iris Scanners, Justice/Law Enforcement, Middleware Software, Mobile Biometrics, Other.
Aware, Inc. is a leading provider of biometrics software components and sample applications for identity verification. These tools are used to develop standards-compliant enrollment, personalization, and reader workstations and networks. Functionality provided includes:
• Fingerprint and facial image auto-capture
• Image QA and compliance assurance
• Certified 1:1 fingerprint matching
• Standard-compliant data formatting and validation
• Service-oriented workflow server platform
Products & services: Fingerprint Readers, Middleware / Software, Justice / Law Enforcement, Facial Recognition
ZKTeco is a leading global developer and manufacturer of security and time management solutions headquartered in Shenzhen. It is subdivided into 5 business segment/divisions–ZKSoftware, ZKAccess, ZKiVision, ZKBiolock and ZKAFIS. Its products range from Multi-biometric and RFTD identification Time & Attendance solutions to Access Control solutions like IP-based standalone access control, networked access control panel, readers, and tripod turnstile, from IP Cameras and total surveillance solutions to consumer products, such as intelligent biometric lock, RFID hotel lock. ZKAFIS is engaging in providing economic and reliable AFIS solutions. Products and Services: Biometric Sensors and Detectors, Fingerprint Readers, Facial Recognition, Middleware / Software, Consumer / Residential Biometrics, Fingerprint and Biometric Locks, Logical Access Control, Mobile Biometrics , Other Uses of Biometrics, Physical Access Control, Time and Attendance.