According to new forecasts from Acuity Market Intelligence, Surveillance posts the strongest market share gain of all biometric applications from 2009 to 2017 growing from less than 1% to nearly 8% of total market revenue and representing a CAGR over the forecast period of 60.99%.
Louisville, CO – Acuity Market Intelligence of Louisville, Colorado, an emerging technology strategy and research consultancy with a proven record of accurately anticipating biometrics market trends, today announced that Acuity’s new research report "The Future of Biometrics" reveals that the market for Biometric Surveillance is expected to grow at an astounding compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 60.99% from 2009 through 2017. Surveillance is projected to post the strongest market share gain of all biometric applications from less than 1% to nearly 8% of total market value representing growth from $19 million to $872 million in annual revenue.
"Biometric Surveillance is the ultimate dream application of intelligence and defense communities and the waking nightmare of privacy and civil liberty advocates", says Acuity Principal C. Maxine Most. "Until now the conflict and debate have been largely academic. However, today, there are biometric technologies providing distance-based, real-time, non-cooperative image capture i.e. surveillance. Both Face and Iris recognition are commercially available in the two-meter range and are on the verge of operating in the ten-meter range. Another emerging biometric of interest in the surveillance arena is gait recognition. This is particularly useful when trying to identify an individual whose face and/or iris are not visible".
These finding are part of the wealth of industry insight available in the "The Future of Biometrics" market research report published in August 2009. This report offers Acuity’s trademark brand of hype-free analysis into the trends, drivers, and opportunities that will shape the biometrics industry and presents detailed market forecasts for 2009 through 2017.
Key Forecasts from "The Future of Biometrics":
– Commercial deployment revenues match Public Sector revenues by 2014 and then surpass Public Sector revenues by 2017 representing growth form nearly 41% to just over 55% of the total global market for biometrics core technology.
– Revenue growth rates vary significantly across regions. The Central and South American region will experience the highest CAGR over the forecast period of 39.46% while growing from nearly 4% to nearly 13% of total global revenues. Overall market dominance will shift from Europe and the US to Asia. North America and EMEA’s percentages of total global revenues will decrease over the forecast period form 37% to 26% and 38% to 29% respectively. By 2017, the Asia Pacific Region will generate the greatest percent of revenues for the biometrics industry with more than 32% of global revenues.
– The dominance of AFIS/Livescan and Fingerprint continues thorough the forecast period. However, by 2017 Iris and Face recognition begin to rival their dominance together accounting for more than 33% of global revenues. Vein, Voice, and Signature will experience modest growth from 3% to 6%, 2% to 5%, and 0.7% to 1.6% respectively over the forecast period.
– Transactions will ultimately provide the majority of industry revenue. Information and Financial Transactions for the Commercial sector by 2012 and eGoverment for the Public Sector by 2017. By 2017, Information Transactions will represent 12.21% of the global market, Financial Services 18.22% of the global market, and eGovernment will represent 14.23% of the global market.
– The percent of revenue from Identification Services declines over the forecast period but only from 65% to 47%. Surveillance and Monitoring posts the strongest percentage gain growing from less than 1% to nearly 8% of total market revenue representing a CAGR over the forecast period of a startling 60.99%.
Previews of The Future of Biometrics including sample content pages as well as the full the Table of Contents and List of Charts, Tables, and Diagrams are available at http://acuity-mi.com/Future_of_Biometrics.html.
Title: The Future of Biometrics Revised 2009 Edition
Published: August 2009
Length: 30 pages of Analysis and 75 pages of Market Forecasts including 10 Figures, 68 Tables, 88 Charts, and 115 Graphs
Report Price: $1595.00 USD
Executive Summary Price: $125.00 USD
To order, or for more information on "The Future of Biometrics", contact Acuity at +1 303 449 189, FOB@acuity-mi.com, or visit www.acuity-mi.com.
About Acuity Market Intelligence
Acuity Market Intelligence (www.acuity-mi.com) is an emerging technology strategy and research consultancy with a proven record of accurately anticipating biometric and associated identification solutions market trends. The company provides strategic planning, market research and analysis, sector tracking, opportunity sizing, solution and deployment analysis, due diligence, executive briefings, and customized consulting. Acuity publishes the industry leading biometrics market analysis newsletter, the Biometrics Market Intelligence eUpdate. Qualified readers can subscribe at www.biometricsmi.com . Founded in October 2001, Acuity is headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, USA with clients in the United States, Asia and Europe.
For further information, please contact:
Acuity Market Intelligence
+1 303 449 1897