International Biometric Group (IBG) Announces November 13 Webcast and Release of the Biometric Market and Industry Report 2009-2014
New York, NY – IBG announces its upcoming webcast and availability of the Biometrics Market and Industry Report 2009-2014, the most in-depth and authoritative report on global biometric market opportunities, trends, and growth drivers.
IBG consultant David Day will spend 30 minutes discussing the some of the key points in the Report.
Event Title: Biometrics Market and Industry Report 2009-2014
Event Date: November 13, at 1:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Web activation: http://www.biometricgroup.com/webcon
Dial-in Number: 303-262-2006
The webcast will also be available as a free iTunes podcast. See activation site for more information at time of webcast.
The Biometrics Market and Industry Report 2009-2014 delivers actionable data and exclusive analysis to investors, systems integrators, technology developers, and government organizations.
Key Report findings include the following:
* Global biometric revenues are projected to grow from $3.42 billion in 2009 to $9.37 billion in 2014, driven in part by government identity management and border management programs
* Fingerprinting is expected to gain 45.9% of the non-AFIS biometrics market in 2009, followed by face recognition at 18.5% and iris recognition at 8.3%
* Annual iris recognition revenues are projected to approach $500 million by 2012
* Asia and North America are expected to be the largest global markets for biometric products and services
* Vein recognition is expected to play a larger role in access control applications, eventually comprising over 10% of this market.
The Report includes detailed profiles of 20 leading publicly-traded and privately-held biometric vendors.
The Report also analyzes the impact of large-scale programs such as US-VISIT, Real ID, and the proposed British ID Card and National Register.
Biometric technologies addressed in the Report include the following:
* Face Recognition
* Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems (AFIS) / Live-Scan
* Iris Recognition
* Middleware / Biometric Identity Management Software
* Vein Recognition
* Multiple-Biometrics (i.e. multimodal fusion systems)
* Hand Geometry
* Voice Recognition
Biometric applications addressed in the Report include the following:
* Civil ID
* Consumer ID
* Access Control / Attendance
* Device / System Access
* Criminal ID
Biometric markets addressed in the Report include the following:
* Law Enforcement
* State and Municipal Government
* National Government
* Financial Services
* Gaming and Hospitality
* Health Care
* High-Tech and Telecom
* Industrial Manufacturing
IBG’s industry reports are based on real-world expertise and hands-on experience with biometric technologies and systems.
The Biometrics Market and Industry Report 2009-2014 is available for purchase online at www.biometricgroup.com/reports/public/market_report.php.
Report Length: 230 pages, 119 figures and charts
Publication Date: October, 2008
Price: $3,995 USD
About International Biometric Group (IBG):
International Biometric Group (IBG) is a leading independent research, consulting and systems integration firm addressing the identity management and security needs of government and commercial clients. IBG designs, engineers and supports solutions across multiple platforms in complex, mission-critical environments. IBG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Washington, DC, San Francisco, and London. Learn more at www.biometricgroup.com.
bbarry @ biometricgroup.com